Re: [Evolution] Feature request - Put Evoluton into system tray

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 16:00 +0330, Hamzeh Motahari wrote:
Hi,
I have searched about how to send Evolution to the system tray when I
push exit or minimize button. But It seems this feature is not
implemented. Some popular software like Pidgin or MS Outlook have it
and I think it would not a big feature which needs a lot of efforts.
Of course for now, I use AllTray, but I can't understand why default
Ubuntu (GNOME) mail client doesn't have this trivial feature yet.

Does anyone has any idea?

Yes, look at the list archives, this has been done to death a few
times.

Basically, the systray is for NOTIFICATIONS, not as a place to put
things when they aren't being used.  Evo puts notifications in systray
when it needs to.

It's not a "can't implement", it's "won't implement" - and rightly so.

P.