Re: [Evolution] Up to date Exchange connector?

On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 23:31 +0000, Robert Anson wrote:
Is there any plan to write an up to date MSExchange connector since the
present one doesn't seem work after Exchange2003 from what I understand
on the web.

Evolution-exchange (as opposed to Evolution-mapi) used, in effect, web
page screen scraping to get the data (before anyone jumps on me, I know
that is a gross simplification).  Consequently it was very prone to
interface changes that MS introduced and required that with every small
change to Exchange the interface had to be reverse engineered.  This was
unsustainable in the long term and so the interface with Exchange was
moved to MAPI - i.e. using a known API that MS published.

So no, it is highly unlikely that there will be an update to that
version of the Exchange connector.  Your options are:

  - move to the MAPI connector

  - keep using IMAP

  - use a 3rd party gateway (such as DavMail)

P.