Re: [Evolution] Question about how to view birthday out of LDAP

Dear Milan,

Milan Crha wrote:

The actual stable (2.32.x) is having an option in address book
preferences named "Use in Birthday & Anniversaries calendar".
Unfortunately this doesn't work for books which require
username/password to be opened. It's due to design and is subject to
change. But as long as your address book doesn't require authentication,
then checking that option (and maybe restart) may work.

I've installed Evolution 2.32.2 on Ubuntu Natty and tried again to push the
birthdates from LDAP addressbook into the Evolution calendar. I've marked
the "Use in Birthday & Anniversaries calendar" option, granted anonymous
access to the LDAP addressbook but the birthdates do not show up in the
calendar. Re-login and reboot do not help either. I checked the openldap
server log and there is simply no communication between Evolution and
openldap.
I can fetch all addresses from the Evolution contacts window. But even then
there is no birthdate stored to the calendar. In previous 2.30 version it
was different: when editing LDAP addressbook entries in Evolution using the
LDAP admin account, at least some of the birthdates were really stored in
the calendar. Some of them disappeared after reboot, but some really stayed.

Do you have an idea what may have gone wrong, that your hint doesn't work?

Best regards

Thomas