Re: [Evolution] Recovering Data Files after Reinstallation

Evo moved the default file location to ~/.local/share/evolution

-----Original Message-----
From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:evolution-list-
bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of jonah nucleussystems com
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:16 PM
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: [Evolution] Recovering Data Files after Reinstallation

Hello, world!

I just upgraded to Ubuntu Natty 11.04.  The bummer is, I forgot that
Evolution has a backup feature, and I didn't export a backup file.  But
I did save a backup of my home folder.  To get my email, I tried
copying
~/.config/evolution and ~/.gconf/apps/evolution to their respective
locations.  But when I start up Evolution, my email accounts are there
(i.e. I can send/receive email), but none of my old emails are there.

In a desperate attempt, I created a new temporary user and mounted the
backup home folder to the home folder of the test user, and logged in.
Evolution wouldn't even acknowledge the files, it just gave me the
start-up wizard.

How can I get my mail back?

Thanks!