Re: [Evolution] Recovering Data Files after Reinstallation

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 14:19 -0700, N B Day wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 13:16 -0700, jonah nucleussystems com wrote:
Hello, world!

I just upgraded to Ubuntu Natty 11.04.  The bummer is, I forgot that
Evolution has a backup feature, and I didn't export a backup file.  But
I did save a backup of my home folder.  To get my email, I tried copying
~/.config/evolution and ~/.gconf/apps/evolution to their respective
locations.  But when I start up Evolution, my email accounts are there
(i.e. I can send/receive email), but none of my old emails are there.

In a desperate attempt, I created a new temporary user and mounted the
backup home folder to the home folder of the test user, and logged in.
Evolution wouldn't even acknowledge the files, it just gave me the
start-up wizard.

How can I get my mail back?

You don't say what you upgraded from ....

You probably have a .evolution directory in your home backup.  Delete
everything in your new .local/share/evolution, restore .evolution to
your new /home and then try it.  This *should* work; obviously it is
much better to make the backup and restore from that.

Evo now stores its data in .local/share like a well-behaved GNOME app,
not in .evolution as previously.

Also in ~/.config/evolution.

poc