Re: [Evolution] how do I empty a junk folder?

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 06:42 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 09:54 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 22:35 -0700, John Metzer wrote:
Sorry for such an elementary question but how do you empty a Junk
folder?  I tried Expunge and that did not work.  I have 30k emails in
my junk folder.
Delete them first, like in any "normal" folder.

If your Junk folder is on a Cyrus IMAP server you can set the "expire"
metadata attribute on the folder and the ipurge utility will
automatically remove messages older than the specified number of days.
Very nice for SPAM / Junk folders, user's don't need to manage them.

Hmm, that would appear to require login access to the server. At least I
don't see a UI handle for it in Evo (tried right-clicking on Junk and
selecting Properties, but no).

poc