[Evolution] Filters for Evolution

Currently using K-Mail, but thinking about switching to Evolution... MUST be able to filter messages into separate folders for individuals, both From: and To: -- have about 300 different folders for people, most have both To: and From:

So, am testing it now, ver 2.30.3. I sent an email, created a filter on the person, created folders, hit <Ctrl-Y> and no filtering. What's up with that? Quit program, restarted, etc. - the usual stuff.. I'm retired IT, so I've tried LOTS of stuff...

I have read a couple of messages that say to go to the Edit - Preferences - Mail Acct - Edit - Receiving Options - check the box that says "Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this server". Hmmm... I don't have that box to check!

I have "Check for new messages every [999] minutes", "Leave messages on server", "Delete after [999] days", & "Disable support for all POP3 extensions".

Any ideas? I think I would like Evolution... I came from Eudora for Windows, used it for 15 years... left Windoze for Linux, lost Eudora, and I miss her so! With K-mail, I cannot embed graphics in the e-mails, attachments don't always show up properly, etc. etc.

TIA

DK

http://www.davekolars.com/ --- http://www.slingerlandguitar.com

Member:

Hawaiian Steel Guitar Assoc. -- http://www.hsga.org/

Aloha International Steel Guitar Club -- http://www.alohainternationalsgc.org/index.html

We're all so caught up in wanting to sound different, wanting to sound original-- but we should stop trying so hard. We're all unique at birth. We'll come out sounding original without giving it a thought. (Feet Rogers)