Re: [Evolution] Unable to receive mail [was conversion failure...]

Patrick O'Callaghan writes:
Clearly the configuration is wrong. Evolution thinks
that /var/spool/mail/jonrysh is your actual local mailstore, whereas in
fact it's the mail spool file (and of course not a directory). My setup
is exactly the same (and has always been so) and it works, so I've no
idea why you're getting this error, but conceivably it's because it's a
fresh installation, recalling that Evo 3.x now uses maildir rather than
mbox -- though I don't see why that should affect the spool file.

You might try selecting "Standard Unix mail spool file" instead of
"Local Delivery".

I have done this, and (as a bonus) have tried selecting "Standard Unix
mbox spool directory" with the directory location set
to /var/spool/mail.  All without success, though I only have an strace
for "Local delivery".

In the past I have had versions of evolution where the actual control
files don't match what's in the GUI and have edited them by hand, but I
haven't been able to find the location of these files for the current
version.  Does anyone know where they are?

Thanks - jon