Re: [Evolution] How do I save a message in a simple text file?

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 18:09 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
With previous versions of evolution, I could save a message as
something.eml.  But now the only choice is save mbox,  and I don't
understand what that does.  In any case, it seems too complicated.

So  I just copied the message contents into a text file and saved that.
But there ought to be a more direct way to do it!

An mbox is a file containing a set of messages. If you save a single
message as a new mbox file, it will save just that message with its
headers (and may well be exactly the same as the old .eml format, I
don't really know). The file is text so you can look at it. It's pretty
easy to understand. Since it's an mbox you can select a set of messages
and save them all into the same file, which can be useful (e.g. mbox
files can be imported by virtually any mail client).

poc