[Evolution] Problems with my evolution calendar on a new computer.

I've been setting up a new computer.  I used backup to store the
evolution files on the old computer, copied the backup file to the new
computer and used restore to restore it.

I got all my mail files, and mail seems to work correctly.

But I'm having trouble with my calendar.

First, my old appointments were not copied.

Also, when I make an appointment, I get multiple copies of the
appointment in the slot,  usually two but sometimes three.  They are
right next to one another.  How do I make the calendar list the
appointment just once?   I think this may have happened before on my old
computer, but I don't remember what I had to do to fix it.
--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University