Re: [Evolution] Evolution hangs

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 10:39 -0500, Philip Anil-QBW348 wrote:
Sorry, forgot. Evolution 2.30.3
It is polling MS Exchange server. I do not know how to find out what
version it is.
It hangs very often to the point of making it unusable (ironically, I
am
sending this email via MS Outlook!). Someone else emailed me after
seeing this post and said he experiences the same problem - he said he
is also on Ubuntu 10.10.

        Hi,
is it evolution-exchange or evolution-mapi you are using? And of course,
without some kind of backtrace to see where it got stuck it's really
hard to give any reasonable advice. Please install debug info packages
for evolution-data-server, evolution, gtkhtml3, and your exchange plugin
(evolution-exchange or evolution-mapi, depends which one you are using),
and maybe also for libsoup, and then, when evolution gets stuck, get a
backtrace of it like here:
   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=PID &>/tmp/bt
where PID is a process ID of the running evolution (can get it, for
example, with command like this: ps -A | grep evo).
        Bye,
        Milan