Re: [Evolution] Evolution && OutLook at the same time

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 12:15 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
I run FreeBSD 8-CURRENT with Evo 2.24.5 in a VM on top of Win7 (don't
ask me why :-)). I would like to have my INBOX open at the same time
with Evo and with OutLook 2007 to use the Calendar function of OutLook;
is this parallel Evo/OutLook) somehow an issue in the sense that the
INBOX could get corrupt or whatever? I've played around a bit and an
incoming mail is presented in both, when I have read it in Evo, it is
marked as read in OutLook; when I delete the mail in Evo from INBOX it
disappears after some time in OutLook's view too;

Any concerns? thanks in advance

Using a good IMAP server (Cyrus) and the IMAPX provider in Evolution and
this should be perfectly safe.  I access my mailbox from multiple
clients all the time [typically Horde & Evolution, and occasionally
Pine/Outlook/eM;  I've never corrupted by INBOX].