Re: [Evolution] Evolution and NTLM v2

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 07:31 +0000, Milan Juricek wrote:
i`d like to ask you... Does Evolution support NTLM v2? Or when will
this feature be implemented in the GAL authentication?
Now we are using Evo + Exchange plug-in (Exchange 2k3) and only GAL+
NTLM v1 works. But this concept is not accepted by security
department.

You shouldn't have to ask this question. If your machine has joined the
domain using Samba/winbind then all client apps should just be
invoking /usr/bin/ntlm_auth to handle the NTLM challenge/response
process. Apps shouldn't be asking for the password for themselves.

We're going to make this work with a simpler dÃmon too, so you don't
have to use the full Samba/winbind setup and actually join the domain.

I envisage a simple tool that runs in the user's session, having
obtained the password from PAM like gnome-keyring does. And it'll do
nothing except continuously refresh your Kerberos tickets, and answer
queries via /usr/bin/ntlm_auth from apps like Evolution.

--
dwmw2