Re: [Evolution] always keeps asking for password

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 12:25 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
You may have an old or inconsistent keyring. You could try deleting (or
renaming) it, log out and log in again. The keyrings are held in
~/.gnome2/keyrings. I'm afraid I forget which one is used by Evo, so
you'll have to experiment.

Evolution just asks for the default keyring.  Fedora and I think most
other distros by now configure the "login" keyring to be the default,
so you don't have to enter a keyring password after logging in.

It appears you can set the default keyring through Seahorse.  While it's
not readily apparent in Seahorse's Passwords tab which keyring is the
default, if you right-click on one of the top-level keyring entries
there's a "Set as default" item in the pop-up menu which I assume does
what it says.  I've yet to find where the default designation gets
stored so I can't confirm that this works.