Re: [Evolution] Evolution customization

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 17:59 -0800, CLOSE Dave wrote:
The EWS feature has forced me to start using Evolution even though it
appears not to have many features I want. Or maybe I just can't find
them. Are there ways to do any or all of the following?

* Copy outgoing messages to the Sent "folder" automatically, without
needing to add myself as a Bcc.

Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts->(Select Account)->Defaults->Sent
Messages Folder

* Use text labels on /all/ buttons, not just the switcher? (I hate
pictures.)

This follows the gnome settings, I believe. That is one of the things
that is no longer configurable by default in Gnome 3.x, though. Since
I'm happy with my current layout, I have no great urge to dig out how to
overcome that problem. Perhaps others can help?

* Attach a message to an outgoing message. Note, this is not the same as
forwarding a message. I may want to attach a different message to a
reply, for example.

Simply drag-and-drop the message to your composer.

* Suppress some of the "folders" shown in the side bar. I really don't
want to use up the top of my screen with crap "folders" just because
Exchange insists they exist.

Normally you would need to use Folder->Subscriptions, but it does not
seem to be supported for EWS.

* Use a different date/time format, specifically YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM. And
use it all the time, even on messages received today.

Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Headers->Date Format

BTW, I did try to search the archives for this list. But Mailman's
archive format is essentially useless except as a legal record, IMHO.

Perhaps one of the options here will suit you better?
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.evolution.general

Best,
  KÃre