Re: [Evolution] Reminders for birthdays/anniversaries

Sylvia:
        In Calendar-4.png (attached), I set up a new contact (Testy Test) with
a birthday (12/15/2011) and anniversary (12/16/2011) only in the
Birthday & Anniversary calendar, and I removed the check mark in the
"Alarms in notification area only" box in "preferences/alarms".
However, there are still no reminders/et al.
        Regarding CalendarAlarmSettings-3.png (attached), for all the B&As I
had done a "Copy to Calendar/Personal" command so that I could open the
"Appointment-Birthday or -Anniversary" from the Personal Calendar and
set up the alarms "for the event", and also mark the event as "recurring
every year forever".  Perhaps, once the reminder/et al features are made
to work, the Birthday & Anniversary Calendar has the event set up as an
all day event and recurring every year forever????  Is that the
intention?
        I did discover a feature that I hadn't seen before -- when I click on
the date/time icon at the top right of my desktop, the drop-down
calendar has the B&A dates in bold print, altho it is a faint contrast
to the normal print, at least for my old eyes.  See -4.png.

Thanks for your help -
still stumped,
Bill