Re: [Evolution] Some questions about Exchange Web Services

On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 20:45 +0000, mike _ wrote:

- Would I be better off building a version from a tar ball or git
checkout of  the 3.2 branch than with this openSUSE 0.31 package? I
can't work out what version 0.31 actually is. By which I mean, none of
the branches in git are labelled with a version that starts with a 0
so I've no idea how this version in the openSUSE repos relates to
what's in git or if it's a horribly obsolete version. (Perhaps this a
question best asked of those who made the package.)

evolution-ews 0.31.x was the initial version submitted for openSUSE 12.1
during last moment and later couldn't upgrade it. You can pick
evolution-ews 3.2.2 from here [1].

-  Is the functionality of equal across all the git branches? I've got
a machine than has Evolution 2.28 so I'm wondering if I'll get the
same functionality in terms of Exchange Web Services with 2.28 as with
3.2.

It's almost same. Initially 2.28.x , 3.0.x and 3.2.x, all evolution
versions were supported with same ews code base. To decrease complexity
and pain in maintaining backward compatibility, ews is branched (2.28.x,
3.0.x and 3.2.x) later but important fixes will be applied to all
branches as per need.

- Is there a definitive list somewhere of what is supposed to work and
what is currently known to be not working? (E.g. Autodiscovery doesn't
work for me, I had to figure out what url to put in manually. Which
took numerous attempts. Global Address List doesn't either doesn't
work or is so slow that it doesn't return any results after I entered
a search term and left it 15 minutes.)

Currently ews is supported and well tested with Exchange 2007 server so
there might be problems with connectivity to Exchange 2010. Please feel
free to report issues in bugzilla [2] if you don't find them reported
already.

[1]
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Evolution:/snapshot-3.2/openSUSE_12.1

[2] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution-ews