From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:evolution-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Milan Crha
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 4:58 PM
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Questions about EDS logic and test status

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 16:34 +0800, Li, Cici X wrote:
Hi, all

I want to ask two questions, everyone who know it, can you help to
answer it? thanksJ

        Hi,
such questions are more appropriate to evolution-hackers list, as
evolution-list is mainly meant for users, not developers.

1.       For EDS(evolution data server)âs AddressBook/calendar part,

When I go through the code, e.g. add contacts, it will call dbus to
handle, such as:

  g_dbus_proxy_call (G_DBUS_PROXY (proxy),

here, whatâs role of dbus/proxy during contact adding? Supply a unify
API to security certificate and protect data store?

Evolution-data-server code consist of the server and the client part,
the server code for addressbook is at addressbook/libedata-book, the
client code is at addressbook/libebook. The server part runs as a DBus
service, e-addressbook-factory (the 3.3.x+ has
evolution-addressbook-factory), thus the DBus is here to ask the server
to process the request. Similar with Calendar.

Little docs/materials I found from web about EDS.

Did you look into at here too?
http://live.gnome.org/Evolution#Developer_Resources

2.       EDS upstream testing status

How about EDS upstream testing status? I only get unit test in EDS
source code, but it looks like far from enough, and some unit test
fail to pass.

If have comprehensive EDS testing, whatâs the test method(from API or
others)? Whatâs feature coverage? Where can we get the test data?

I'm not aware of anything else apart of the 'tests' directory in eds
sources.
        Bye,
        Milan