[Evolution] Reminders for birthdays/anniversaries

I have Evolution 2.28.3 on Ubuntu 10.4 LTS.  Does this version not
support reminders/alerts/alarms/notifications for calendar?  I believe
that I have set up my preferences correctly and have the
birthdays/anniversaries on both the B&A calendar and the Personal
calendar, but am not getting any notifications, etc.

If 2.28.3 does not support this, what version can I install on my Ubuntu
10.4 that will support it?

TIA,
Bill