Re: [Evolution] [RFC - general discussion] GNOME standard email program should have "Remove Duplicates" feature by default...

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 16:16 -0400, Barry Smith wrote:
Yet the Ubuntu Repos only provide 2.32.2.
Is there a PPA or some other repo which I should add to something
(instructions would be nice) so that I can install a more recent
version of evo into Ubuntu?

https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3 provides GNOME3.
See the big warning.

http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/download.shtml
mentions 3.0.2 as the latest stable version, but has no link or
document guiding the less-experienced user with very little successful
experience compiling on Linux through the process.

Feel free to file an enhancement request in bugzilla.gnome.org

Next idle question -- if I download the evolution 3.0.2 download from
the download page above, Linux Apps are built upon package
dependencies... so how do I tell RPM that I have no friggin clue what
the dependencies are, and it needs to "go get 'em"... like APT and
synaptic does?

RPM actually will complain anyway if dependencies are missing...

Okay... as mentioned above... how to I tell synaptic and "Update
Manager" ... in Ubuntu... to find the latest stable release of Evo...
along with any dependencies?

By adding a repository that provides them; see above. :-P
Better to ask in an Ubuntu forum if there is a separate Evo 3.0 package
to run on Ubuntu 11.04 with its 2.32 stack, however unlikely because of
all the other dependencies to fulfil.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed