Re: [Evolution] What is M-client

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 14:24 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
It used to be that when I clicked on Send/Receive for my inbox, after a
very short pause, I got a listing of my incoming mail.
Now it says it is applying filters.  It does it pretty quickly, but I
don't know why it is doing that and what is accomplished.

Basically this is covered in the old manual by
http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/2.32/usage-mail-organize-filters.html.en
however it's not really explaining it well. :)

If I click on the Edit menu, there is a Message Filters option which
brings up a box showing me a list of either incoming or outgoing Message
Filters.  the latter is an empty list, and the former has one item
checked M-client.

Is this what is being applied?   What does it do?

No idea what "M-client" is. Upstream Evolution does not have any
predefined filters; if this filter has not been created by you it might
have been your distribution though that would also surprise me.

You can click "Edit" under "Edit > Message Filters" to see what the
conditions (e.g. "Sender is foo example com") are to get that filter
applied with its actions (e.g. "move message from Inbox to folder foo").

HTH,
andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed