Re: [Evolution] Date display]

Am Freitag, den 22.04.2011, 12:41 +1000 schrieb Elmar Haag:
-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Mittelstaedt [mailto:tmstaedt t-mittelstaedt de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:45 AM
To: Elmar Haag
Cc: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Date dispay

Am Montag, den 18.04.2011, 10:52 +0200 schrieb Andre Klapper:
On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 09:57 +1000, Elmar Haag wrote:
How can I change the format how the dates are displayed from "Today",
"Yesterday","X days ago" to the normal date format like "18/03/11" or
"18-03-2011".

Edit > Preferences > Mail Preferences > Headers > Date/Time Format

Also how can I edit the subject line of received e-mails.

You cannot.

Well, if you only have to do it every once and a while, you could save
the message to a file, edit the file with your favorite text editor,
i.e. the line which starts with "Subject:" and reimport it into
evolution, file->import.

Thanks for the advise.

I changed the date display to 18-04-11 by modifying the configuration file.

We receive more than 100 emails each day plus the usual spam. The receptionist
checks them and manually adds the customer number & name to the beginning of the
subject line using MS Outlook. She is the only one left using MS$ with the
associated problems.

The receptionist could just forward the mail received, via Ctrl-F. In
this new mail he or she can edit the subject line.