Re: [Evolution] Emailing to all contacts

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Maurice Batey <maurice bcs org uk> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 19:18 +0200, Thomas Novin wrote:

New Email > Press 'To' > Select All > Add

I had already tried that!

After pressing 'To' and seeing the Select Contacts window, I R-clicked
in Search and then hit 'Select All', but no addresses were highlighted,
and the 'Add' buttons were greyed out. Could only select one address at
a time, then Add buttons available.

Is there some other way to 'Select All' there, Thomas?

For me it was self-explanatory but I can see why most people will miss
this. There is definitely room for improvement here. This is a common
problem when the same people who does the code designs the GUI.

Two possible ways to do it:

a) Click the first contact and scroll down to the bottom. Hold shift
while pressing the last contact. All selected.
b) Click some contact and then press ctrl-a. All selected.

Rgds//TN