Re: [Evolution] LDIF and CSV import anomaly

From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
To: evolution-list gnome org

On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 23:19 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
VCARDS import well ... but there's usually one vcard file per
contact
and Evolution imports from a single file at a time.  That's a lot of
work for an address book of hundred people++.  I suspect Evolution
expects values/headers in a specific order.  Details of Such
specification or requirement will be of interest.  Then I could
create a
python script to reorder the CSV values accordingly.

        Hi,
what is your evolution version, please? Mine has -i or --import to
invoke import from command line for a given uri. I think it's there
since 2.32.0 (mine is 3.0.0). You will be provided with a preview of
the
content to be imported, so you can easily see how are file columns
mapped into vCard properties when you change cvs format type.

With respect of multi-contact import, The easiest is to join multiple
cvs/ldif files into one and import it, then invoking the same command
for multiple times.
        Bye,
        Milan

Evolution Version = 2.91.92
cvs/ldif files produce a truncated importation ... Evolution Drops the
first and Last names and uses 'Screen Name'.  Where did you get
3.0.0? ... can't find that in Fedora Repos.