Re: [Evolution] Shared contact info between Android/Google contacts and Evolution

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Nick Jenkins <nickpj gmail com> wrote:

Also, take a look at syncevolution + mobical.

Thank you for the heads up! Experience has just made me a bit wary of
relying on a SyncML server. For example, I thought ScheduleWorld was
great, then a month after I set everything up to use them, they changed
from being free to being paid without telling me, so that I couldn't
sync any more, and then they went out of business completely 17 months
after that. Now it looks like Mobical are gone and have been merged
into/bought by/rebranded as Everdroid ... and their android client only
has 100 to 500 downloads, and just 6 reviews, and the longest list of
required application permissions I have ever seen. And an alternative to
this is to set up and maintain your own SyncML server, which I have no
desire to do.

So I think I'll just wait for Evo 3.0.0, as that gets me 99% of the way
there, and then I'm only relying on Evolution and Google, and I'm okay
with that, as I'm quite sure they'll both be around in 5 years.

I didn't even realise this had changed (everything auto-syncs for me).
Went to check it out, the usage rights etc. seem to be exactly the
same as previously. This may or may not change, if it does I plan to
finally get round to setting syncevolution up as a syncml server =).
Thanks for the information.