Re: [Evolution] Sharing contact list

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 09:14 +0200, Jean-Michel Pourà - GOOZE wrote:
Dear all,
What would be the best free service to share a contact list?
Google support is limited in Evolution, there is no way to enter the
name of a company for example.

That is not a limitation of 'Google support' (I'm not sure what that
means) or of Evolution specifically.  Evolution represents contacts as
vCard objects - and that is all a vCard can represent.  You cannot
[within spec] represent an organization as a vCard.  It sucks.

Basically, I only need to access my contact list while I am away from
the office.

Any server that supports GroupDAV contacts should provide basic contact
sharing functionality.  I'm a developer of one [OpenGroupware Coils] and
there are numerous others.  Just create what Evolution calls a WebDAV
address book and point it at one of those services/servers.