Re: [Evolution] Newbie question: Is there a threaded view?

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 23:11 +0930, Wayne Sierke wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 22:32 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 15:29 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 21:09 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El dÃa Friday, September 10, 2010 a las 09:04:04PM +0200, W. Martin Borgert escribiÃ:

Hi,

another Evolution converts problem: In mutt I can "o"rder "t"hreaded,
in Thunderbird is a root-symbol to have a threaded view. But how can
I get the threaded view in Evolution?

Ctrl-t

        matthias

One caveat (as far as I can tell) is that, although the messages are
displayed in threaded order, the Next function still plays them in order
received and not thread order.  It has not been annoying enough to me to
find out if it is configurable but it has led to unexpected opening of
emails some of which I might not intend to open, e.g,. junk that has
gotten through the filters - John

I've never seen it do that. Next goes to the next message as displayed
in the message list. If the list is threaded, the order of arrival does
not affect this as far as I can see.

poc

I see the behaviour as you, Patrick, describe when reading messages in
the preview pane and the behaviour John describes when reading messages
in a separate window. Evo 2.30.3

Ah, now I get it. He hadn't mentioned it was a separate window. This was
actually discussed not so long ago (see the list archives). The problem
is that the message list order can be threaded, or the result of a
search (not to mention watching a different folder, or even a completely
different account). Also, you can order it by arrival date or by sent
date or by Subject or sender or ... Furthermore, you can have multiple
Evo windows at the same time, using different orderings. How is the
separate message window to know what you mean by "next"? It has to
assume "next message in arrival order in the same folder as the current
message".

poc