Re: [Evolution] Newbie problem: How to delete attachments?

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 10:57 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
On 2010-09-10 22:28, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 21:00 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
how can I delete attachments from messages?

You can't.

Is there a workaround? E.g. is the mailbox format of Evolution
compatible with the format used by elm, mutt etc.? If so, I
can at least open it in mutt and remove the most annoying
(largest) attachments once in a while.

That depends on which kind of mailbox you're using.

On IMAP it can't be done (AFAIK mail clients that claim to do it are
actually faking it by creating a new message and deleting the old one,
which can have side-effects).

For POP, the default local format is mbox, which is the same as what
most Unix/Linux clients use. Look in ~/.evolution/mail/local. Before
editing an mbox file make sure Evo is completely stopped ("evolution
--force-shutdown").

For local Maildir, I assume much the same would apply. For Exchange,
I've no idea.

poc