Re: [Evolution] hello and question

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 13:43 -0500, jack wallen wrote:
Hello,

My name is Jack Wallen. I've been a long-time user of Linux and Evolution.
I am a writer for Linux.com, Techrepublic, and Ghacks.net. I am currently
trying to come up with a solution for a local beauty salon. This salon
needs a calendaring application and would like to continue using Linux as
their OS. All of the Salon-specific software runs on Windows. Evolution
COULD be a good solution, but for one issue. A salon calendar, with
multiple stylists, need to have a layout similar to that of Outlook when
viewing multiple calendars. In other words each person's calendar must
show up in its own column.

Is there a screenshot somwhere of what this looks like in Outlook?

As it stands, Evolution places everyone's calendar in the same column
which gets very hard to read when busy.

True

Add to that most people can make
the change from column-based calendars to a non-column base calendars.
Is this at all possible in Evolution? I believe if it were it would be a
great solution for salons to be able to use Evolution as a booking
solution.

I'm not sure I've seen a view in Evolution like the one you describe.