Re: [Evolution] How to apply a patch... Followup from "How to remove duplicates Mandriva 2010.1"

Group: Sorry for the triple post. I added bns003 gmail to Evolution
after using webmail to signup and confirm.  After I send the first post,
it looked like I sent an email from bns001 gmail, which should have
bounced at the list, as well as at Gmail, so I "Edit as New", made
triple sure that I sent the email from bns003 gmail   I didn't see
a send pwd verify, so I sent the email a 3rd time.  I got the pwd
verify, so I figured that the first two would bounce somewhere along
the way.  Sorry for the extra bandwith.

Reid:

Thank you.

I'm going through your reply carefully, and safely... reading each and
every linked article before starting the "patch."

I know that I have had to download packages like (I think it was called)
"build-dependencies" before, in prep for doing the [ ./config - make -
make install ] process.

I guess there is a "patch" command (the one that you referred to).
Didn't work from patches in my past.  I had usually worked from source
managers using full source versions from an SVN or CVS or other SCM
tool.  Patches were something I knew existed, just never ran into.
I did a quick 'man patch' and started reading. :)

Thank you for your polite help.

Peace,

Barry Smith