Re: [Evolution] learning to compile, need help with finding dependecies in Ubuntu 10.04

Am Montag, den 01.11.2010, 09:26 +0100 schrieb Thomas Mittelstaedt:
Victoria,

Am Montag, den 01.11.2010, 19:09 +1300 schrieb Victoria Spagnolo:
Reid and Han,
Thanks for the msg suggesting
Have you tried Paul's Makefile? http://mad-scientist.us/evolution.html
Last time I tried this under Ubuntu it was reasonably clear which
packages needed to be installed. Haven't tried it in a while though...

Yes, I got that straightaway. But it is not for lucid.
DISTROS :=        feisty gutsy hardy intrepid jaunty karmic \
          etch

I've asked at #ubuntu and searched and didn't come up with any thing to try.

anyone?

I would suggest to you to try to build the gnome-2-32 branch, but using
a more direct approach than the above Makefile. I just tried it on my
ubuntu maverick vmware and it gave me strange errors like a missing
gtk+-3.
A few weeks ago, I built the master and gnome-2-32 branches on this box
and I'll give you an outline of what I did:

Oh, yes, before I forget: I do have a version 2.30 installed by default
on that maverick host. To make sure the newly built versions of the
Calendar and Addressbook services in /opt/evo are started I did the
following:

* As  super user
Renamed /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar.service
to something else. Same with
org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.AddressBook.service.

* I created a file called /etc/dbus-1/session-local.conf containing:

<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC
        "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
        "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd";>
<busconfig>
    <servicedir>/opt/evo/share/dbus-1/services</servicedir>
</busconfig>

For some reason, dbus always looks into /usr/share/dbus-1/services/ and
starts the called-for services it finds there, regardless of
session-local.conf. I did not want to uninstall evolution because it
would entail an avalange of other packages being removed, which I would
like to keep. Therefore the rename. Unfortunately, you have to do this
rename every time, update-manager updates the installed version of
evolution. Sorry for the inconvenience. Maybe, some of the experts on
this list know a better approach.

--
thomas