Re: [Evolution] Deleted messages

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 15:21 -0700, jd wrote:
Dear All,
I accidentally deleted a couple of messages.
I immediately looked for them in Trash folder.
Trash folder was empty.

Where do deleted messages go?

They don't go anywhere. They stay where they are and are marked as
deleted. You can see them by unselecting View->Hide Deleted Messages.

If at some point you expunge the folder (Ctrl-E or Folder->Expunge), or
empty the trash for the account (File->Empty Trash), the marked messages
are permanently removed.

Are you sure you're looking in the right Trash folder? If you access
your account from another mail client (not Evo) it may have created a
physical Trash folder. Evo pays no attention to this (i.e. it treats it
like any other folder). Evo's own Trash folder is virtual and has a
special icon in the folder list.

poc