Re: [Evolution] evolution config and settings file

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 21:45 -0700, JD wrote:

I wanted to start up evolution clean, without any prior history.
So, I exited evol, I also had to kill 2 other evolution spawned
processes that did not die when I exited evol.

  evolution --force-shutdown

will kill everything.

I deleted the direcctory ~/.evolution
and ~/.gconf/apps/evolution

Don't mess around with the ~/.gconf directory on the hard disk - it
doesn't work and can cause problems.  Gconfd works with the in-memory
copy as being definitive and occasionally writes a copy of the in-memory
entries to the disk - it never reads the disk version except when gconfd
starts up.  Consequently, any edits you make to ~/.gconf while gconfd is
running will be lost the next time gconfd writes things back to the
disk.  If you want to edit the contents of gconf use either a command
line tool (such as gconftool-2) or one of the many gui gconf editors
(such as gconf-editor).

I restarted evolution.
And it pops a banner asking me to login into my mail account.

How did it know I had a gmail account? Where is that info stored?

In the in-memory copy used by gconfd.

P.