Re: [Evolution] Automatic encryption on Reply

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:03:06 -0430
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Automatic encryption on Reply

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 16:57 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
I sent some e-mail to a friend. He replied from his Mac-Book - and it
magically encrypted his reply to me so I was only able to read it on the
PC that had that key. The key involved is the key below.

Anyway - if someone sends me a personal e-mail and they have signed it -
I'd love to auto-encrypt my reply to them - or at least have the ability
to do so. (It wouldn't work for lists very well! :-)

Is this possible in Evolution?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Evo can both sign and encrypt mail
using GPG (PGP) or S/MIME. You need to set it up using
Edit->Preferences-><account>->Security. You can encrypt and/or sign all
messages automatically or select Security menu in the composer to do so
selectively.

Really?  I asked this very question with respect to PGP auto-encryption
a few months ago.

AFAIK, Evolution still will not auto-encrypt with a PGP key.  It will
auto-sign and I have this switched on so that I'm reminded (by being
asked for a private key passphrase) to encrypt when I want encryption.

If this facility is coming in an as-yet unreleased version of Evo that
is great news!

Paul