Re: [Evolution] IMAP configuration

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 07:06 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 15:46 -0500, Jesse Lazar wrote:
I have very recently switched from POP to IMAP. I have two configuration
problems that are hopefully easy, however I am not seeing how to solve
them. I use gmail...

1) I get a duplicate of every sent message, that is two copies are saved
in the sent mail folder. In evolution I set the sent messages folder to:
myemail gmail com (IMAP)/[Gmail]/Sent Mail. I do not see any
configuration in gmail to save a copy of sent mail. (I am not sending
two messages.)

This was mentioned in a recent thread. Gmail automatically saves a copy
of sent mail, don't save your local copy in [Gmail]/Sent Mail.
OK, that fixes the problem.

2) I cannot delete messages. When I delete them they are moved to the
trash folder for the remainder of the session. They re-appear the next
time I start evolution.

Yes, it was simply an option "empty trash on exit" under "mail
preferences" that I had to check.

Thanks

Have you tried manually deleting them from the trash folder? If that
works, look at 'Mail Preferences' for your options.