Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 59, Issue 31

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 10:05 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
You're doing it again! Please STOP replying to digests!
Why does evolution-list even provide the possibility to subscribe to a
digest? Isn't a mailing list digest a concept that is broken by design
and has no reason to exist in this century?

Assuming there was ever a reason for digests to exist;  I've always
thought they were a horrible mis-feature that ruins usability.  And I
was on a 28.8k UUCP feed.

I suggest we ask the gnome mailing list admins to convert all digest
subscribers into normal subscribers, and remove the digest
possibility.

+1, but good-luck, it will never happen.

At least for the Evolution lists.
The mailing list digest concept is a historical artefact from ARPANET
days that deserves to die.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>