Re: [Evolution] Current network connection state

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 18:47 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 23:37 +0200, Raphael Frey wrote:
could someone please explain me how Evolution gets the current network
connection state (going offline when the Internet connection gets down)
and if this would be easy to implement in other mail programmes (like
Sylpheed)? Thanks in advance!

NetworkManager's D-Bus service.  We call its state() method at startup
to get the current network state, and listen for StateChanged signals
thereafter.

It should be pointed out that this works only when the interface is
managed by NetworkManager. Since that depends on how the user's system
is configured, "Why does Evo say I'm offline when I'm not?" is becoming
a frequently-asked question both on this list and on others (the Fedora
list for example).

poc