Re: [Evolution] Msg Selection

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 06:24 -0400, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 22:44 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 21:31 -0400, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
> If you click a folder Evo forces the auto-selection of the newest
> unread message and worked back from there.

It's not that sophisticated.  It remembers the highlighted message ID
and automatically selects that when you return to the folder.  If that
message doesn't exist or isn't visible, it either selects the first in
the list or none at all, depending on the context.

So in order to achieve the desired effect I'll have to sort by date, descending so that I have the newest on top. The annoying thing about that solution is that I think Evo seems to default to the exact opposite and isn't each folder setting independent?

PHil
Ooops. Apparently I'm loosing my mind and had already asked that question.

http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution-list gnome org/msg12356.html

Sorry for the double post. I guess I'm finding this more annoying than originally thought.

Phil