Re: [Evolution] Image preload possible?

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 00:34 +0200, Christoph GeiÃinger wrote:
Hello,

I use "html messages"-> "Load images in messages from contacts".
Now I read my mails with images.
For every mail I have to wait a few seconds till the images are really
loaded from the internet.

Isn't it possible to preload those images already when receiving the
mail?

Cheers,
Christoph

The images you refer to are not actually included in the message.  They
reside on some server, somewhere.  They are not part of the message and
therefore cannot be loaded along with the message.  Only when you
display the message is the HTML rendering portion of Evolution able to
interpret the location of the image and go get it from wherever it
resides.

Many consider this a security risk as you have no way of knowing where
the images are coming from.  This is the reason it is an option.

Hope this helped.

Bart