Re: [Evolution] sort by category, assign and convert tasks to an appointment respectively

Am Freitag, den 02.07.2010, 10:02 +0200 schrieb Leif Eric Hintzsche:
Dear Sir or Madame,

i am using Evolution every day and i have noticed that it is convenient
to sort task by category. Maybe it is possible to add the column time
exposure.

You can define your own categories. Just open a task, event or note,
click the categories button and use the new button to create a new
category. Alternatively, you can type the name of the new category in
the text field to the right. A combo box opens up as you type which you
can choose with the mouse or cursor to create the new category or just
complete the name to an existing category. Nice feature, BTW.

Mostly tasks has been created before the corresponding appointment was
marked in the calender. It would be nice to have the possibility to
assign and to convert tasks to an appointment respectively afterwards.

Well, I wanted to do that too. I resorted to just use the same summary
for a task and its connected events. Then I can go to calendar, type
parts of that summary into the search box in the upper right and voila,
the tasks and events, containing this summary are shown in the calendar
and task panes, respectively.

--
thomas