Re: [Evolution] What's the shortcut for compsing a new message?

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 21:19 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 19:51 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I always use Ctrl-N for new messages (except when I just click on an
address of course), and this appears to be the key combo blessed by the
Evo online help. However the menu item is New->Mail Message and is keyed
as Ctrl-Shift-M, which also works.

Ctrl-N triggers whatever is shown in the New button: a new message in
Mail, a new appointment in Calendar, etc.  Ctrl-Shift-M starts a new
message regardless of your current view, so it's more appropriate to
show as the menu accelerator.

There's not really an equivalent menu item for the Ctrl-N behavior, so
not really sure how to make it more discoverable.

OK, sounds reasonable.

poc