Re: [Evolution] download sent mail...

El mar, 26-01-2010 a las 08:08 +0100, No more cries escribió:
Le mardi 26 janvier 2010 à 09:26 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee a écrit :
2010/1/26 No more cries :
> ok... so bad...
>
> i'm sorry i'm french... i mean i send email at work, they stay on the
> server... and i would like evolution to bring them back in my email folders
> in evolution... don't know the words to say...repatriate the sent mails ?
> just like the received one ! when i receive mails at work, then i get back
> home, evolution download them... but just the received, not the sent !
> weird they didn't think of that case...
> maybe there is some equivalent that could do this ? because its important
> for me i get all the emails of the day in my folders once at home... not
> just the received ones..

Please don't top-post, makes reading disconcerting.

Anyway, its (I believe) part of the POP specification that only your
INBOX gets downloaded. Gmail by default saves sent messages in Sent. POP
is not a synchronization, so it only downloads one-way, therefore it is
not possible for you to use POP to download your sent messages. When you
send mail through Evolution, it saves its own copy (without talking to
gmail) in the Sent folder locally. Gmail then saves another copy in the
Sent folder it maintains

This is nothing to do with Evolution specifically, its just the way the
specification is written (and implemented by Gmail). IMAP supports what
you want, but you reject that idea. I think its easier for you to use
IMAP and solve your other issues than figure out a workaround for an
inherent implementation detail of POP.