Re: [Evolution] Kmail

On Thursday 21 January 2010 04:17:11 am Braden McDaniel wrote:
On 1/18/10 1:40 PM, Gerald wrote:
Is there a filter that will allow me to import Kmail mail into Evolution?
I usually have kmail/Evolution on all machines that I have running and at
some point merge all machines to one of them to get all the sentmail etc
updated.

That sounds... painful.

Have you thought about just running a local IMAP server?

Braden
Hi Braden,
That, I would not know how to do!!
People say that moving Kmail into Evolution is possible with something called
'maildir' but a google search does not provide any real info.
Does one set up IMAP as one would Kmail/Evolution then have it server the
collected mail to other machines? Can one send mail form it as well from
 any machine? Sorry for the questions but I really do not know about IMAP!!
Gerald