[Evolution] evolution connect to exchange 2007. DavMail as bridge <SOLVED>

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Art Alexion <art rhd org> wrote:
On 01/14/2010 L wrote:
Â> I have temporarily stopped using evolution, but continue to monitor
Âthis
Â> > list for news relating to this bug. ÂAs soon as it is fixed, I am
Âback
Â> > to using Evolution.

Âthat's my approach too. I am using Outlook on WinXp of VirtualBox as
Âalternative, but eager to switch back to evolution if it can connect
Âto exchange 2007.

I am also running outlook in VBox for some shared departmental calendars
and GAL lookups. ÂI really dislike the way Outlook handles mail.

For routine stuff, I switched to Thunderbird/Lightning, and am using
exchage via the DavMail proxy server. Âhttp://davmail.sourceforge.net

DavMail is supposed to work with evolution as well, but I couldn't get
anything but the mail component working. Â With Thunderbird, I have my
calendar working as well.

thanks a lot, This solves my problem. I need this connection for email
only. I am amazed that it works so well,
DavMail gets mail from exchange 2007, then evolution get from there.

only modification

pop
localhost => localhost:1110

smtp
localhost => localhost:1125

ÂDo we have hope that this will be fixed for F12 release?

My hope is that it will be fixed in Ubuntu Lacksadasical Llama 10.04.

--
Art Alexion
MIS/Central Office Support

--