Re: [Evolution] Filtering out those annoying PowerPoint attachments

On 1/13/2010 7:09 PM, Jeff wrote:
You may know what it feels like. Friends and family members continuing
to send you their 2 MB .ppt crap to your inbox even though you asked not
to received it.

I am looking for a way to set up a filter to throw them in the garbage
automatically. It would be even nicer if it could send an automated
templated reply to say that it has been automatically trashed, but I
think Evolution filters don't have this feature.

I'm looking for advice on setting up an effective filter with no false
positives. Any experiences or ideas, folks? So far, what I've come up
with is this filtering rule (all conditions must match):

- File attachment: EXISTS
- Size (Kib): OVER 1500
- Receiver/to: IS NOT [my email address]*

*: I am assuming that this means that if there is more than one person
in the "to:" fields, then it will get filtered out because it's not
"only" my address.

Any ideas on making this more effective?
Cheers.

here's a starting point.. mod to meet your needs..
if incoming mail matches your above criteria, pipe it to this script
if return value is 99, mark status as JUNK.
make sure to change the variable 'frommail' to your email address