Re: [Evolution] backup a local folder && emptying it (2.24.5)

El día Monday, January 04, 2010 a las 10:50:59AM +0100, Milan Crha escribió:

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 09:23 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
What is wrong in my process? Where the Subjects are stored outside of
backupIncoming.* files?

      Hi,
it's stored in folder's summary, I guess
~/.evolution/mail/local/folders.db
for you. Was there any reason to play with internal evolution files
instead of doing the same through the Evolution's user interface?

yes there was a reason ...

Like:
a) create a new folder
b) drag&drop messages from one to the other

... because drag&drop messages is a nice idea, but not if we are talking
about some thousand messages :-)

the folder 'backupIncoming' contains a backup of any mail I have
received in 2009 (copied by some filter to this folder because the
central Exchange server will trash all deleted mails after 24h);

c) delete old message from old folder
d) expunge old folder
That might do pretty the same what you were trying to do, and updating
internal files properly. I guess there are not many options now:

at the moment I have the folder I wanted empty restored from the backup
place and all is fine (like it was before I started the procedure this
morning);

a) close evolution; evolution --force-shutdown
b) delete folders.db file
c) run evolution (it'll recreate folders.db file).

will try this later;

If you use labels, tags, flags or anything on your messages under On
This Computer, then they will be lost by this. Alternatively, you can
just drop that one table from folders.db by some sqlite3 command.

do you mean: sqlite3 folders.db "vacuum;"? or can this be done affecting
only the one folder 'backupIncoming'?

Thanks for your feedback

        matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211