Re: [Evolution] exchange ics calendar integration broken?

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 18:01 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 11:32 -0500, Reid Thompson wrote:
(evolution:30946): libecal-WARNING **: Cannot get cal from factory: No
backend factory for 'mapi' of 'VEVENT'

I wonder if something is being set by /opt/evo/bin/evolution-env that
is not getting passed from evolution when it
invokes /opt/evo/libexec/e-calendar-factory??

      Hi,
yes, I was also facing the similar issue. The problem is that the DBus
service, which both e-*-factory-ies are, is not running with your
tweaked environment, but with an untouched environment, though under
your user.

For my case, the problem was that I compile my own openchange, and
system DBus service doesn't know where to find it, so I was adviced by
Kerihuel to do this as a root:
   $ echo '/opt/evo/samba/lib' > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/samba.conf
   $ ldconfig
which should fix the issue (I suppose your samba prefix
is /opt/evo/samba; if not, then change it). I used same prefix for
openchange as well, thus maybe you'll need to add the right prefix for
it too, I do not know.

If it'll still not work, then you can try to track down the issue by
renaming e-calendar-factory to say e-calendar-factory2 and make a shell
script "e-calendar-factory", which will run it like this:
#!/bin/bash
/opt/evo/libexec/e-calendar-factory2 &>/tmp/ecf.log

and let the dbus run the factory, then see the /tmp/ecf.log for the
output. It worked for me when I was tracking the issue myself.
      Bye,
      Milan