Re: [Evolution] find calendar on new install

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 19:00 -0500, carpetnailz researchintegration org
wrote:
I had to reinstall my OS and ended up with Ubuntu 9.04. I copied my
old .evolution folder, replacing the one created when the new Evolution
started up. I can now see my old email and contacts fine, but am
confronted with an empty calendar.

How can I get Evolution to see the old calendar? It seems to be present
with the others in the .evolution folder but Evolution is not seeing it.

        Hi,
this may help.
http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_from_an_old_home_directory_to_a_new_home_directory.3F

Your calendar has a unique ID, and it's used in source definition in
gconf and also to create the folder for it, if it's a new local
calendar. I guess you see the Personal calendar content, unless you
changed your user name on reinstall. Try to
edit /apps/evolution/calendar/sources in gconf-editor and fix IDs or
paths to calendar to match your /home/<user>/.evolution/calendar/local.

As this is somewhat deep in the setup, do backup your gconf settings
first, and before you'll start playing with this do also run:
  $ evolution --force-shutdown

When you do not feel to change GConf settings, then the other option is
to create new local calendars and then exchange folder content of it
with that your previous. Here's also necessary to --force-shutdown
evolution.

        Bye,
        Milan