Re: [Evolution] semicolons versus commas

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 14:35 +1100, Nick Jenkins wrote:
Just on this: whilst I agree with the whole obeying RFCs philosophy,
there are effectively two distinct and separate aspects here:
1) The client UI in which the user types/enters their list of
recipients
(e.g. "blah blah com, test test com" using commas, or "blah blah com;
test test com" using semicolons)
2) What Evo does when talking to a server (i.e. the client/server
network interaction).

RFCs are perfect for 2), and no disagreement whatsoever that obeying
RFCs whilst talking to the server is "a good thing".

However 1) is about a user-interface, and I'm not aware of any RFC
that
attempts to dictate the behaviour of a desktop app's user-interface,
and
frankly any attempt to do so seems doomed to failure.

Would the user's Sent copy preserve the separator, or should it store a
"canonical" version of the message? I'm not clear on the implications of
this.

poc