Re: [Evolution] Feedback requested on Ctrl-s as shortcut to "save draft", rather than ctrl-shift-s

On 16 Feb 2010, at 04:30, Andrew Cowie wrote:

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 15:02 +1100, Nick Jenkins wrote:
How do people feel about swapping these shortcuts, so that "save draft"
becomes ctrl+s ?

That's sounds excellent.

We're so used to tapping Ctrl+S for casual saves of work-in-progress
that it would be less jarring to momentarily (and unintentionally)
create a draft than it is to get a GtkFileChooser up asking us where we
want to save ... save? Save what?

Agreed.  Ctrl-S is pretty standard for "Save as Draft" on other mail clients, too.

As for save to disk, that doesn't even need an accelerator, frankly.

Hmm, maybe not.  But Ctrl-Shift-S isn't an uncommon shortcut for this function in other mail clients too
(e.g. Mail.app on OS X -- well okay, they use Cmd-Shift-S, of course), so I wouldn't have a great problem
with keeping it around either.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team